Jesus Came to Earth to Destroy the Works of the Devil
Twice the Apostle John tells us that Christmas happened: the Son of God became a human being to take away sin, or to destroy the works of the devil, namely, sin. All of this because he was born. He was incarnate. He was the God-man. No incarnation, no regeneration. No faith. No justification. No purification. No final glorification. Christmas was not optional. And therefore being rich in mercy, out of the great love with which he loved us, while we were dead in trespasses, God sent his Son into the world to live without sin and die in our place.
By John Piper. ©2013 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org. Used by permission.
More from this series:
- You Will Never See Death!
- A Tender Word for Pharisees
- The Pride of Babel and the Praise of Christ
- Probability, Prejudice and Christ
- Jesus Came to Earth to Destroy the Works of the Devil
- Covenant Love: Secrets to Staying Married
- Finishing Well: Can You Retire From Serving God?
- Boiling for Jesus
- I Have Seen the Lord: How Different Generations Come to Faith