Throughout the Bible, God consistently leads His people in one direction: “Press on…look ahead…forget what lies behind…REACH FORWARD to what lies ahead” (Philippians 3:12-14).
Just as the Apostle Paul challenged the Philippian church to move forward, Propel Women exists to mobilize and motivate women to go forward—to keep reaching for all that lies ahead. The word propel means “to drive, to push, to cause to move in a particular direction,” and that is forward. That is the direction God wants you to move.
I know our world often feels like it is spiraling out of control—certainly globally and often close to home. That’s why Jesus is the only hope, and we as Christians have been given the responsibility to shine his light in a dark world—to encourage others with hope that they too can move forward in life. Your world needs believers like you who can lead themselves well, and then lead others.
Propel Women wants to accelerate your growth—through every season, challenge and change. We want to energize you to move from where you are to the next place God has orchestrated for your life—activating you to live on mission, on point. We want to help you REACH forward—a motion that will always require intentional effort.
If you’ve been considering and praying about a change—whether it’s a promotion, moving to a new city, or going for more education—it will begin with your decision to take a step forward.
To help you in your decision-making, take a personal inventory and contemplate these questions:
1. Have you been where you are long enough? Whether it’s some place physical—like your present position—or someplace mental—like your attitudes or habits—if you’ve made a permanent place out of something that was supposed to be a pit stop, or somewhere you were supposed to grow through, then you’ve been there long enough. Procrastinating is never going to move you.
2. Is it time to break out of where you are into where you are going? To break is to shatter, smash, snap, crack or fracture. It’s to interrupt, disturb or break your routine. When you break something, it often hurts physically or emotionally. It might not be comfortable, but it’s often necessary to leave a place that’s constricted, confined and limiting. It’s often necessary to grow to the next level. Remember: It’s just as easy to miss a moment as it is to seize a moment.
3. Is it time to advance? To advance is to move forward in a purposeful way, to press on, to progress. Oftentimes, it takes courage to let go of where you are and what you have to lay hold of the future. You will have to be more faith-FULL than fear-FULL. If God is saying go, your willingness and determination will be necessary to go and receive what he has for you.
4. Is it time to forget the past—if that’s what’s holding you back—and risk failure or hurt again? God will always have another chance ready for you to take. But you will have to let go of any of the past holding you back emotionally. You will have to build strong emotional intelligence and capacity to move forward and successfully lead others and build healthy relationships. You can do this!
5. Does it seem impossible? Maybe…but so what? Impossible is what God does. And nothing he asks us to do can ever be done in our natural strength anyway. If you can manage it on your own, you don’t need God.
It’s time to increase your capacity. The world is waiting—and you are the answer. If God is saying, “Go,” then don’t say, No.” Whether you are a CEO of a national company, a supervisor in retail, a stay-at-home mom managing a home-based business, or a post-career leader in your community, God has things for you to do every day you are on this Earth. There are assignments for you to responsibly manage—and now is the time to live propelled into your future. Answer these questions and discover your leadership capacity—then embrace all that God has for you to do, individually and collectively. Identify how you are equipped, and then be confident in how he’s gifted you and prepared you. He’s calling you forward, the only direction the Emu, the Red Kangaroo and you were ever created to go.