What’s Beneath the Surface of Your Life?
God wants you to know which one is more important, the traditions of men, or the truth of God. And it’s about time for some of us to decide, are we going to spend this whole year living out of tradition, or living according to truth? I challenge you to flip it. It is so easy to live with an invisible belief system, that regulates your responses in situations, and even your ideas of what is possible in your life. An unquestioned belief system is a dangerous thing. The phrases are significant, because the Pharisees are talking about the traditions of the elders. And Jesus is talking about the command of God. One is tradition. One is truth. And a lot of times we don’t know the difference, because for some.
Preached at Elevation Church. Used by permission.
More from this series:
- Need Meeters
- What’s Beneath the Surface of Your Life?
- Fear of Running Out: Jesus and the Wedding Feast
- Take Back Your Mind in an Age of Anxiety
- Choosing Your Chains
- Jericho: Don’t Stop Short of Victory
- The ConTENtment Commandments
- How to Face Your Future with Faith!
- Change Your Name from Cursed to Blessed (Benjamin)