There’s Oil in Your Coffee
Galatians is different than other letters written by Paul. In every other epistle, he finds something for which to praise the young churches before giving them advice. However, he’s so angry with the Galatians that he skips that section all together. Why?
In a single word – legalism. It had infected their churches, and even today, it minimizes what Jesus did on the cross and tells us we have to do something, too, to earn salvation. Listen as Pete teaches through Galatians 1:1-8, and learn how to avoid the lie of legalism and trust in Christ alone.
Preached at Bent Tree Bible Fellowship. Used by permission of Pete Briscoe.
Also visit Telling the Truth Ministries.
More from this series:
- Cohabitation: What Does God Say?
- Perspective is Everything
- Your Inside Voice: How You Know God is Speaking
- Christ: A New and Living Way
- Glue: Sticking Together When You’re Pulled Apart
- In Christ, I Am a Piece of Art
- Identity Redefined
- There’s Oil in Your Coffee
- Debt’s Dirty Little Secret: 4 Things Your Credit Card Company Won’t Tell You