The Gift of Singleness
Oftentimes, it feels like marriage is an expectation society has for each of us—as if marriage will make our lives complete. What happens when marriage doesn’t come quickly for us? When we are still single in our 30s and 40s? When everyone is getting married except for us? We become discouraged when we have to keep checking the box “single” under marital status. But the Bible tells us to not focus on our marital status but to focus on God and what He has called us to do.
Learn how to embrace and use the gift of singleness to focus on an important mission.
Preached at Chase Oaks Church. Used by permission.
More from this series:
- Four Keys to Live the Spirit-Filled Life
- The Gift of Singleness
- Fear: Fearing God (Proverbs 1)
- Modern Family: How to Love
- Priceless: Marriage and the Song of Solomon
- Time Keeps on Ticking
- The Little Foxes That Can Destroy Your Marriage
- Your Move: Elijah and Elisha
- Riding the Roller Coaster of Life (Elijah)