Judgment Calls: When Christians Step Over the Line
The Judgment of God is all about worthiness before God. It’s about discerning the deepest motives of the human spirit. It is about having the right to condemn a person. That belongs to God alone.
A Judgment Call is about discerning what can be seen and then making a decision about it. So Paul tells them what his Judgment Call regarding the Corinthian church member in an incestual relationship would be.
Judgment calls are not about condemnation. The purpose is to bring the person to healing and repentance. Step in because of the need not the right. It’s not our place to make judgment calls with outsiders, but within our own congregation for their restoration.
More from this series:
- Corinth: Coming Clean
- The Power of Sex (Corinth)
- Jesus Christ: The Real Deal?
- A More Excellent Way (Corinth Part Six)
- Guided Freedom (Corinth)
- Freed by Christ to Love Others
- Corinth Pt. 3: Marks of Maturity
- Judgment Calls: When Christians Step Over the Line
- Corinth: A Colorful Crowd Living in Community