Judge or Forgive? The Prodigal Son
This moving sermon by John Piper was preached at Watermark Church and was titled “A Tender Word for Pharisees.”
Jesus shows God’s love for Pharisees in his parable of the prodigal son. The older son typifies the arrogance and ungrateful attitude of the religious leaders of Jesus’ time. The father moves toward him and entreats him. The father calls his son “my child.” He assures him by saying “you are always with me.” He proclaims, “all I have is yours.”
By John Piper. ©2013 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org. Used by permission.
More from this series:
- You Will Never See Death!
- Judge or Forgive? The Prodigal Son
- Probability, Prejudice and Christ
- Covenant Love: Secrets to Staying Married
- Boiling for Jesus
- I Have Seen the Lord: How Different Generations Come to Faith
- Jesus a Liar? The Common Root of Unbelief
- How Should Miracle Gifts Be Used in the Church?
- Single in Christ: Better Than Sons or Daughters