Josiah, the Child King
Josiah, the child king, began his reign at eight and died at thirty-nine. His grandfather and father were wicked, idolatrous monarchs. While re-building the temple, Hilkiah the priest found the Book of the Law. Upon reading the Law, Josiah and his people repented and experienced great revival in the land. This story reminds us the importance of God’s Word and a call for change in areas of our lives that are inconsistent with His will.
Preached at Hope Fellowship, Frisco, Texas as part of “The Unusual Suspects” series. Used by permission.
More from this series:
- Death and All of His Friends
- Daniel: Courageous and Committed
- Josiah, the Child King
- iPhone Living: Charge Your Batteries!
- Summer School-Grow Up
- Summer School Part One: Set Free!
- Big God: Big Heart for the World
- Courting and Covenant: Prescriptions for Dating for Marriage
- Stop Throwing Stones! Judgment and Grace