Is There Any Good News for Older Brothers and Older Sisters?
The older brothers, or “self-righteous” and “faithful sons and daughters” can often resent the irresponsible behavior of their younger, more selfish counterparts. When the younger prodigal son asked for his inheritance, he basically insulted his father by saying he wished his father were dead so he could collect his due. The father’s graciousness toward the younger son was an unusual response of mercy. The older brother needed to extend grace and forgiveness. God’s grace and forgiveness is freely given.
Preached at Chase Oaks Church, Plano Texas. Used by permission.
More from this series:
- When Pain Becomes Your Pulpit: Psalm 9
- God, I Don’t Understand! Habakkuk
- How Do You Rest in Faith?
- One More Night with the Frogs!
- Igniting Kingdom Power Through Prayer
- Find God’s Buried Treasure for You!
- Psalm 5: The Prayer to Pray in Darkness
- Beatitudes: Blessings of the Kingdom
- The Truth About Dishonesty