He Must Increase and I Must Decrease
The life of John the Baptist expressed how Christ can be reflected powerfully in our lives by being unconventional, uncompromising, bold and truly humble. So John sums up God’s work in verse 30: “He must increase and I must decrease.” He must. This is the plan of God. The Son of God, the bridegroom, will be exalted. He will be glorified. He will increase in the eyes of man. Or as verse 21 says, it will be “clearly seen” that the new works of all his people are his work.
More from this series:
- When Pain Becomes Your Pulpit: Psalm 9
- God, I Don’t Understand! Habakkuk
- How Do You Rest in Faith?
- One More Night with the Frogs!
- Igniting Kingdom Power Through Prayer
- Find God’s Buried Treasure for You!
- Psalm 5: The Prayer to Pray in Darkness
- Beatitudes: Blessings of the Kingdom
- The Truth About Dishonesty