Fear: Fearing God (Proverbs 1)
What is the secret to life, according to Solomon: the fear of God. Fear is not terror. Rather it means, “I am going to bend to God’s better way. I am not going to trust my feelings, or my will, or my instincts. I am going to be open to what God says and put that into practice, even if it isn’t what feels right at the time.” it’s a decision to be open, to be teachable, to submit to god’s better way. This is the one trait that separates the highly effective, very wise people in life: the fear of the Lord.
Preached at Chase Oaks Church. Used by permission.
More from this series:
- Four Keys to Live the Spirit-Filled Life
- The Gift of Singleness
- Fear: Fearing God (Proverbs 1)
- Modern Family: How to Love
- Priceless: Marriage and the Song of Solomon
- Time Keeps on Ticking
- The Little Foxes That Can Destroy Your Marriage
- Your Move: Elijah and Elisha
- Riding the Roller Coaster of Life (Elijah)