Calling Down Curses Upon Them? Psalm 69
The psalms are inspired by God and are meant to instruct us how to think about God, man and the world. Zeal for God’s glory, pleading for rescue and crying for help are included in this poem. Imprecatory psalms show an approval of God’s judgment, a foreshadowing of Christ’s ministry and incentive to forgive.
By John Piper. ©2013 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org. Used by permission.
More from this series:
- You Will Never See Death!
- Judge or Forgive? The Prodigal Son
- Probability, Prejudice and Christ
- Jesus Came to Earth to Destroy the Works of the Devil
- Covenant Love: Secrets to Staying Married
- Boiling for Jesus
- I Have Seen the Lord: How Different Generations Come to Faith
- Jesus a Liar? The Common Root of Unbelief
- How Should Miracle Gifts Be Used in the Church?