Boiling for Jesus
We cannot afford to be lukewarm Christians. Paul teaches in Romans 12:11 that serving the Lord means 1) seeing the Lord as worth more than what the appetites offer; and serving the Lord means 2) seeing the Lord’s approval as more valuable than the approval of man and acting on it; and serving the Lord means 3) believing that he has died for us and fulfilled the law for us so that all our serving is now receiving as a gift what he accomplished and what he bought.
By John Piper. ©2013 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org. Used by permission.
More from this series:
- You Will Never See Death!
- A Tender Word for Pharisees
- The Pride of Babel and the Praise of Christ
- Probability, Prejudice and Christ
- Jesus Came to Earth to Destroy the Works of the Devil
- Covenant Love: Secrets to Staying Married
- Finishing Well: Can You Retire From Serving God?
- Boiling for Jesus
- I Have Seen the Lord: How Different Generations Come to Faith