A Tender Word for Pharisees
Jesus shows God’s love for Pharisees in his parable of the prodigal son. The older son typifies the arrogance and ungrateful attitude of the religious leaders of Jesus’ time. The father moves toward him and entreats him. The father calls his son “my child.” He assures him by saying “you are always with me.” He proclaims, “all I have is yours.”
By John Piper. ©2013 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org. Used by permission.
More from this series:
- You Will Never See Death!
- A Tender Word for Pharisees
- The Pride of Babel and the Praise of Christ
- Probability, Prejudice and Christ
- Jesus Came to Earth to Destroy the Works of the Devil
- Covenant Love: Secrets to Staying Married
- Finishing Well: Can You Retire From Serving God?
- Boiling for Jesus
- I Have Seen the Lord: How Different Generations Come to Faith